The Italian Emergent Contemporary Art Fellowship
The Italian Emergent Contemporary Art Fellowship is a valuable opportunity for an early-career Italian artist who has recently concluded Italian art education.
CASTRO offers a 22sqm studio space, monthly tutorials and regular interviews with the Team at CASTRO. During the interviews the Team members will agree on studio visits, workshops with local artisans and guided tour of the city on the base of the fellows interests and practice.
During their stay, the Fellow will have the opportunity to organise a talk or lecture at CASTRO to either present their practice or as a tool to further their research.
Duration: 17 weeks (mid-October to mid-February or March to June)
Specific award criteria:
Artists must be one of the following:
- Undergraduates in the final year of a degree in fine art at an Italian college
- Postgraduates enrolled on a degree in fine art at an Italian college
- Those who graduated from either an Undergraduate or Postgraduate degree in fine art at an Italian college, in the 2018/19 academic year
- Current participants on an alternative learning programme
- Those completing an alternative programme of study within the last 12 months.
Applicants must be able to show the importance of a studio program in Rome for their practice; and keen to share the benefits of membership of a vibrant residential community of artists and researchers.
Application fee is 15€
Please note that the studio is a work place only, not live/work